KUALA LUMPUR, January 18th – Earlier today at 4PM, Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin made an announcement on a livestream regarding a special aid package. This comes following the enforcement of MCO 2.0.
In his announcement, our Prime Minister mentioned that in the previous MCO, government had announced 4 different Aid Packages to aid the economy of Malaysia.
Prime Minister has also announced the new special aid package known as PERMAI, that worth over 15 Billion Ringgit Malaysia.
He also mentioned that the progress of purchasing vaccine is on track, and first batch of vaccine beneficiary will start receiving it in early March. He also mentioned that the vaccine has been certified Halal, therefore Muslim should not be fear of accpeting the vaccine.
Private hospital will also start accepting COVID-19 patients to reduce the stress of government hospital. Private COVID-19 testing is now eligible for more tax exemption.
Prime Minister also mentioned that in order to reduce the burden on the people, the Ministry of Finance (MoF) will expedite Bantuan Prihatin Nasional Phase 2 (BPN 2.0) payments, starting from January 21st.
There will also be subsidies such as tax exemption on businesses’ rent and salary in order to account for the reduction in income.
He also announced that there will be a loan moratorium extension for those affected by the second MCO.
- More tax exemption will also be given to purchase of digital products.
- Moratorium of PTPTN pay back can be applied to ease the burden of graduates.
- Program Wages Subsidy 3.0 will be introduced to all businesses that are affected by the new MCO.
- Program GKP will be extended in 7 states that is under MCO.
- One off RM 500 will be given to taxi driver, e-hailing driver, and traveling buses driver.
- For PKS and micro entrepreneur, all applications of SKIM Micro Kredit will be expedited. Aid will also be provided to increase the habit of online shopping.
- 10% off for electricity bill from Jan 2021 till Mac 2021, for 6 economy sectors that are affected by MCO.
More info can be found at the official website.