Defence Minister, Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, announced today (1 July) that certain parts of Selangor and Kuala Lumpur will be placed under EMCO starting 3 July until 16 July due to continuous rise in cases.
Here are all the SOPs that will take effect in the selected areas:
- ALL EMCO area routes will be closed and controlled by PDRM.
- Interstate and interdistrict travelling for your Covid-19 vaccination appointments are allowed provided you provide the evidence via your MySejahtera or SMS.
- Airports and Ports are allowed to operate as usual. Public transport activities and services (trains, commuters, buses, airports, taxis, ferries, e-hailing) are allowed to operate as usual with 50% capacity.
- The number of passengers in taxis and e-hailing is limited to two people only including the driver.
- Only the essential service sectors are ALLOWED to operate from 8am to 8pm such as utilities, cleaning and sewage.
- Only factories involved in the food production of basic daily necessities such as rice, white bread (loaf), sugar, cooking oil, wheat flour, fresh milk, infant formula, medications, and face masks are allowed to operate.
- Workers in essential services or those who need to carry out official Government duties will need a confirmation letter from the employer or a valid employee pass.
- Employees other than essential services are NOT ALLOWED out of the EMCO area and cannot work throughout the period of EMCO. Employers are required to comply with this order and allow workers to work from home.
- Restaurants, shops/food stalls, food trucks, hawkers, roadside, food court/hawker centre, food stalls/kiosks are ALLOWED to operate between 8am to 8pm.
- Purchasing of food by take away, drive-thru or delivery is ALLOWED.
- Grocery stores, convenience stores, daily necessities stores are ALLOWED to operate between 8am to 8pm.
- Hospitals, clinics and medical laboratories are ALLOWED to operate up to 24 hours or according to their respective license.
- Pharmacies, drug stores, animal clinics, pet food shops are ALLOWED to operate between 8am to 8pm.
- Petrol stations are ALLOWED to operate between 6am to 8pm except for petrol stations on the highways which are allowed to operate for 24 hours.
- Wholesale markets are ALLOWED to operate from 12am to 6am. Public markets and MyFarm Outlets (MFO) are ALLOWED to operate from 6am to 2pm.
- ALL sports, social, recreational and cultural activities are NOT ALLOWED.